Quick guide to ordering food
If you have a food allergy or intolerance please inform us at Stones Cafe Bar Events prior to ordering, if you are attending an event evening pre-booked please let us know when making your booking, it’s important that you have all the information you need to make a safe food choice. We’ve listed some things you should think about before ordering a meal.
Eating out at STONES
When you plan to eat out
- Check our menu online and call ahead to ask what our business’s policy is on food allergy and intolerance. We will offer food that is suitable for you? Our Chef will be able to make a special meal for you. (Food businesses must offer you allergen information, but are not required to offer you a different meal to suit your need.)
- Be very clear about your allergy/intolerance and give examples of the foods that make you ill.
- We understand your needs and are always willing to cater to your food intolerances.
- Ask how the food is handled and cooked, and whether there is a chance of cross- contamination from cooking equipment or ingredients.
- Check allergen information is accurate. Has there been a last-minute recipe change or ingredient substitution?
- We do serve complex dishes, as allergens could be less obvious or hidden so ALWAYS ask if you have a food allergy or intolerance.
- Speak to our server or ask for the manager. Be clear about your food allergy/intolerance and confirm your previous conversation with our staff.
- Check the meal choices are suitable for you or that we can make changes to suit your dietary needs.
- Remind us to be careful of cross-contamination or added allergens from glazes, sauces, cooking oils, and to handle your meal with care.
- Stones Cafe Bar Events take food allergies and food intolerances extremely serious and are always willing to cater for your needs the customer when possible.